Federal Steel Supply was incorporated in Missouri in 1979 and is still managed today by two of the three original founders, Brian Shinkle and Vernon Smith. Since our founding, Federal Steel Supply has maintained a strong relationship with many clients in the Power Generation industry. Today, the enterprise maintains a global reach of products and services in many other markets as well. Our Corporate headquarters is located in suburban St. Louis, MO and our primary inventory and processing center is located in Houston, TX. We have completed the construction of a larger facility with a 12 acre storage yard and indoor warehousing. Like our previous facility, our new Houston processing center is strategically located only minutes from the Port of Houston, the nation’s second busiest port in terms of overall tonnage, as well as Houston Intercontinental and Hobby Airports for direct access to air shipments. Federal Steel Supply will ship LTL, flatbed truck, rail, boat/barge, all right from the processing center.
Federal Steel Supply’s global reach includes customers in over 20 countries, primarily in the following markets:
- Power Generation- new construction or repair, planned or emergency outages
- Oil and Gas- production, transmission, and refining
- Manufacturing- heavy equipment manufacturers, steel and paper mills, HRSG and pressure vessel fabricators
- Fabrication & Construction- pipe fabricators and shipbuilders, construction of offshore platforms, dams, tunnels, bridges, refineries, and processing plants.
Federal Steel Supply provides immediate access to carbon steel, chrome-moly and stainless steel pipe and tube as well as fittings and flanges for shipment around the corner or around the globe. We are your partners in performance... we assure material availability, maintain an experienced production staff and deliver a quality product when and where you require it.
Federal Steel Supply specializes in seamless carbon steel pipe manufactured to ASME SA-106 and chrome-moly pipe manufactured to ASME SA-335 (P5, P9, P11, P22 and P91). We maintain additional stock in ASME SA-53, SA-333, API-5L and X-grades. Stainless steel types 304, 316, 316L & H grades are also available from stock. Shipments are available from our Houston, TX inventory for same day, weekend or holiday shipments.
Value added services & capabilities:
Federal Steel provides the following services to complete your unique order:
- Production saw cutting
- Flame cutting
- Global Shipping via Air, Land, and Sea
- Bar-coding, marking, die stamping, bundling
- Custom forms, export packing, freight forwarding, containerization, insurance
- Outsourced Services Coordinated In-House
- Supplemental Testing
- Coating, Lining and Turning
- Boring, Custom End Preparation, template drilling
- PMI reports, U.T. Testing for minimum wall or defects
- Charpy and Brinell Hardness testing
- American Bureau of Ships and IBR compliance certification.
24 hour paging service and prompt replies on weekends and holidays. Rush deliveries via air or ground on pipe, custom made fittings, sweeps, and bends
Whether you immediately require one piece of seamless pipe cut to length or several truckloads of tubular products delivered to your job site, you can count on Federal Steel as your partner in performance. Please know you are invited to phone one of our expert sales professionals or submit a business inquiry through this site. You will receive a prompt response.